Tuesday 28 September 2010

Free 3D Content!

Hello on a Tuesday evening! Who wants to check out some humanistic polys for FREE?!--My favorite "f" word =3

This 3D content can be uploaded into Maya. I've been working with these figures for some time now (alot of you may all ready know about these, but I like to share!), to create CG artwork, example of my renders (postwork in Photoshop CS2.0).

One thing I like about viewing pre-made polys, is that it gives me a good opportunity to study the angles, shapes and figures in detail...without banging my head against a wall, trying to figure out how to perfect models right off the hop.

DAZ3D Free Figures:

Click the links to go to the DAZ3D web site, sign up with a free account and take advantage of their happy free goodies!

Victoria 2.0
Michael 4.0
David
Stephanie Petite 3.0
The Kids 4.0

Now, these files are all fully sculpted, rigged, and come with skin textures. They can be tweaked for animations in Maya.

To bring up the poly objects in Maya, follow these happy steps =3

>> Once all files are downloaded, run the installers
>> They're going to ask for a folder destination; I always download to desktop so I'll find them more easily
>> You should see a few folders on your desktop>> Go into Maya - Up at the top menu, click on:
>> File >> Import >> (Runtime folder) >> Geometries > Click on files that ends in *.OBJ ... (except for that null.obj file...I don't know what the crap the point is for that!!)

And voila.

2 comments:

feeblethemighty said...

That's cheating!

..but kinda cool too. I suppose you can poke around and see how it was made.

Ruby Dragon said...

I enjoy seeing how things are made =3
These, I wouldn't incorporate into any assignments; that sure would be cheating XP lol